Oswego High School Scholarship Information
This scholarship was established in memory of Trevor Melvin Wehner, a 2015 graduate of Serena High School. At Serena, Trevor was a member of the National Honor Society, a varsity letterman in 3 sports, an active member of the school and town communities, and a role model to underclassmen. Trevor was a 2017 graduate of Illinois Valley Community College with an Associate of Science and an Associate of Arts. While in attendance at IVCC, he played on the IVCC baseball team. Trevor received a Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management from Northern Illinois University in 2019. Unfortunately, it was awarded posthumously. Trevor’s life was tragically taken on his first day working as an intern at the Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, Illinois. Trevor’s father is an Oswego High School Alumni. Trevor’s family is awarding this scholarship to 2 deserving students so they may achieve their goals and utilize their potential.
Scholarship applications are to be completed in full by April 8th, 2023, and turned into Mrs. Jayne Colvin, Career Center Manager.
Two (2) $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors.
Scholarship funds will be paid during August 2023 – directly to the college/trade school, not the student. The scholarship funds will be issued to the college/trade school upon receiving a certificate of enrollment for the fall semester, which includes the Student ID number and Financial Aid Office address.
Criteria: The preferred candidate will:
- Have a preferred 3.25 GPA.
- Be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting program (12 hours) for the following academic year.
- Have significant involvement in school and community activities.
- Submit a completed scholarship application and a transcript.
- Have participated in a school sport.
- Have a letter of recommendation from a choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or an individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s character, experience, involvement, and success.
- Write an essay minimum of 300 words.
- Have displayed the following:
- Positive attitude
- Encouragement of others
- Leadership skills
Please attach your essay answer, minimum 300 words, typed and double spaced, font style- New Times Roman, font size- 12, and all margins- 1 inch.
- How has your family background affected the way you see the world?
How to apply:
- Contact Mrs. Jayne Colvin the Oswego Career Center Manager to apply.