Northern Illinois University Scholarship Information
This scholarship was established in memory of Trevor Melvin Wehner. He was a 2017 graduate of Illinois Valley Community College with an Associate of Science and an Associate of Arts. While in attendance at IVCC, he played on the IVCC baseball team. Trevor was to receive a Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management from Northern Illinois University in 2019. Unfortunately, Trevor’s life was tragically taken on his first day as an intern during a workplace mass shooting at Henry Pratt Company in Aurora. His degree was awarded posthumously to his parents. Trevor’s family is awarding this scholarship to two deserving students so they may achieve their goals and realize their potential, something that was senselessly taken away from Trevor.
Completed scholarship applications with all required materials should be printed and scanned and emailed as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on April 8, 2023.
- Two (2) $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded to upper-division Human Resource major or graduate students in Human Resource or MBA program.
Criteria: The preferred candidate will:
- Have a 3.25 GPA or higher
- Be enrolled at Northern Illinois University
- Be an upper-division Human Resource major or graduate student in Human Resource or MBA program.
- Have 1 letter of recommendation from a choice of teacher, professor, administrator, counselor, employer, or an individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s character, experience, involvement, and success.
- Have significant involvement in school and community activities.
- Answer essay questions with a minimum of 400 words.
- Submit a complete scholarship application.
- Submit a copy of the most recent NIU transcript.
Please attach your essay answer, a minimum of 400 words, on a separate piece of paper. Typed and double spaced, font style–Times New Roman, Font size–12, All margins– 1 inch
- How has your family background affected the way you see the world?
How to apply:
- Click the ‘View Application’ button to open the fillable PDF or ‘Download Now’ to download it. Please attach your application, recommendation letter, and essay as a single file and email the application to email@example.com